Friday, November 16, 2007

Why do these things happen to me?

For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to own a drum machine. I started a band in Coventry some years ago with the concept of having two guitars and a drum machine. The fact that I couldn't afford one, and Carter USM beat me to it kind of pissed on my fire. So we became bad Nirvana clones instead.

Anyway, skip the present, I've got into eBay a bit and have bought loads of useless stuff off it. Every time I see a drum machine, I stick a bid in, but my tenner usually looks a bit pikey by the time the item is sold. I noticed one I was bidding on was getting quite close to ending, and my max bid of £20 was winning. A few minutes before the close, someone else bid against me. I was pushed hard but managed to secure it for £30. More than I wanted to spend, I grant you, but after scores of unsuccesful attempts to procure said musical item, I had to get one by fair means or foul. Considering most of these things sell for well over £100, I convinced myself it was a good deal, and I would be rocking the world in a few days. I immediately paid the £42 (postage a bit steep, but there you go) through PayPal and waited. And waited. I promised myself to be patient.

A week later I get an email from the guy I bought from asking me when I was going to pay. I explained I had, and forwarded all the confirmation emails to him. Then I get an email full of aplogy, saying he had buggered up and used an old PayPal account and he couldn't get to the money, could I cancel the payment and resubmit. I explained I couldn't because I had used my credit card and the money had already gone from my account. Emails went back and forth, and, I admit, the guy seemed genuine and was trying to sort it out. The last I heard from him he said that he'd been in touch with PP and I had to phone them to sort it out. I tried to ring them a few times, but could never get through.

Having had enough of this, I sent him a sharp email accusing him of being a thief, a liar and if I didn't get my money back or product from him, I will tell everyone, rubbish his name in public, sue him, curse him, then do it all again. With a few expletives thrown in. Feeling better for it, I left it at that and waited for his response. I went back to my eBay emails to see if anyone else had sent me one. It was then that I saw one from this guy, sent BEFORE the one I had just sent telling me that he had sorted everything out, the drum machine was in the post and he can't apologise enough for the trouble caused. I feel bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home