Wednesday, November 07, 2007

National Insurance fireworks

In the 2 years that he has been been in his house, my neighbour hasn't done an honest day's work. This is not an assumption, he freely admits that he lives off benefits. This sticks in my throat, but he is an ok kind of guy, a single dad who's kids are nice enough and don't cause any trouble. So I stick this fact I know about him to the back of my mind.

On Monday night, I was startled by an explosion next door, followed by another. Fireworks. I'm not sure if modern day fireworks are all equipped to send flares 2km into the sky and pop your eardrums, but the ones he had made loud enough bangs to make a US Army General stiff. This went on for a full two hours, scaring the Felix out of my poor moggies. For every one that went off, I thought 'I paid for that'. Glad to see that the money this Welfare State dishes out so freely is getting used for good purposes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home