Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bikes and wishes

I managed to wangle a hire bike out of the insurance company on the weekend. An 07 Honda CBF600 Hornet, and very nice it is to. I took it for a spin on Sunday, just to make sure I knew where everything was. My train ticket ran out yesterday, so I decided not to renew it, and to take the bike into London. Now I was a little nervous about doing this. It's only just over two weeks since my horror 100mph smash (slight exageration). My ribs and shoulder are still bombay ducked, and I wondered how my body, and more importantly my bottle, would handle it. I couldn't sleep last night, and I got up half an hour earlier than normal to get on the road before the traffic got too busy. I tried not to wake the wife and baby, but as I was leaving the front door at 6am, this little voice came from the front bedroom 'Ride safely'. Great advice, cheers.

I made it in without too much anguish, and even did a couple of stupid manoeuvres so I must be ok. Half of London has become roadworks in the last two weeks I noticed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home