Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Copyright is killing piracy

I found this on the Beeb earlier today. Now I'm an avide Oink-ite, so naturally dissapointed (and to be honest, a little worried). I've done my rounds of P2P and download sites. Used to do the FTP stuff, then Napster, Kazaa, Soulseek and Oink until they all got closed down. I have to admit I download a lot, and I am a naughty boy. In my defence, I also buy a lot, working on the theory that if I download something and like it, I will purchase the CD. I've said before, if the record industry would make music affordable, piracy would all but stop. I mean how much money do EMI and Elton want? Anyway, we all know that downloading music is bad, but something has really riled me today. I saw on a friend's blog that he attended the Rugby World Cup final, and had a clip posted up to YouTube showing the celebrations (or lack of them) by the boneheads. I followed the link only to find a message saying 'This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Rugby World Cup Limited'. How? Why? What? I half expect to get sued by some Flickr user soon because his foot was in one of my holiday snaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home