Thursday, July 05, 2007

Creature of habit

I've been getting the train into London this week as my bike is ill (the chain came off, in case you were wondering). I used to take the train all the time so I am aware of where to stand on the platform, train times and all the other important information that commuters gather over time. I've not had to travel in using public transport for a while, but noticed after a couple of journeys that I always sit in the same place. Maybe not exactly the same place, but always on a two seater, facing forward, on the right hand side of the carriage. I also noticed that most other people I have seen this week sit in pretty much the same places as well. Casting my mind back, I recall that when I did the journey daily in the past, more often than not I would be located in a similar position. I tried to think of why I do this, I mean every seat is much the same as the next. It was when the train left Virginia Water that I realised why I do: there are a lot of fields on the right hand side of the rail tracks, and I like looking at the rabbits. How gay is that? I wonder what everyone else's excuses are?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home