Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Noises that grate

I'm actually quite a nice chap, I don't dislike many people. But... I met a really nice fella a little while ago and we struck up a lukewarm acquaintance. He has a wife that really doesn't like me and the feeling is reciprocated. She never liked me from the day she met me, and, again, I didn't either. One thing that really grates me is her voice. She always sounds like she is moaning, even when she isn't. Her monotone really cuts through me and gets my hackles up. It doesn't just annoy me after a while, it gets to me the minute the horse faced bint opens her mouth. You know that song by Bill Wither's 'Lovely Day'? That bit in the chorus where he just sings 'A lovely daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy' for what seems like a decade. Her voice is worse than that.

Anyway, I was on my way home last night and the traffic was horrendous. I got to the bit before the flyover, about a mile of road where you can't filter and just have to sit in a queue. I had a scooter behind me the whole way and it occurred to me that the noise from a scooter engine sounds exactly like this women's voice. Now I have another reason to hate the bloody things. Nerrrrrr, nerrrrrrrrr, nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Twats, the lot of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home