Friday, November 17, 2006

Dead Kennedys

I'm having a bit of a DK revival in my cans today, I forgot how good they were. They remind me of when I used to be in a band. You might have seen us, we played all the back rooms of pubs across Coventry! We were pretty lousy and didn't have any original material, none worth playing in public anyway, so were always on the lookout for good songs to cover. I was well into Dead Kennedys and wanted to cover Police Truck. The drummer got into a strop and refused to play it because 'there is swearing in it and my girlfriend might get offended'. Rock'n'Roll!

3 Comments:

At 11:15 pm, Blogger sean said...

1. i was in coventry today and it's fucking rubbish, no wonder you came down south

2. my bird just bought me two DK CDs as a present cos i was moaning that i only have them on vinyl

3. I'm worried about the cricket, to be honest with you. When Bell is looking like our best player, we're in shit.

I hope you feel updated.

 
At 8:31 am, Blogger SkyBlueSnowy said...

1 - I agree
2 - Hang onto that bird, she sounds a top lass
3 - If we don't lose 5-0 I'll be very surprised

 
At 10:45 am, Blogger sean said...

christ even Bell is injured now.

normally I'd see that as a blessing, but now it's a disaster. No Vaughn, no banger, Freddies looking tired and only KP and Strauss looking like they might put up a fight. Monty might do something, if he's given a go but i think his comedy batting and fielding might mean he'll be keeping the pavilion warm.

I think it's time they called me up and let me show what i can do with my magic right wrist. I can't bat but i reckon i'll have the aussies all out for single figures. I've got a new delivery I've been working on. It's called "the deceiver". Looks like a normal ball when it leaves my hand, and then continues slow and straight towards the middle of the bat. The batsman, used to playing top quality bowlers, expects it to do something off the pitch, so is utterly surprised when it continues straight onto his wicket. Now normally I'd get found out after a couple of overs but these aussies are a bit thick so i reckon i've got 10 innings before they catch on.

Actually i hope Ricky Ponting doesn't read your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home