Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Getting cold, ignition problems

By 'eck it was cold this morning. I've had trouble in the past where my ignition freezes and I can't get the key in. More worryingly, I've had my ignition freeze once my keys are already in and haven't been able to take them out. That particular episode resulted in a lot of bike kicking. Anyway, 'twas indeed a perishing one last night. I couldn't turn the ignition this morning so thought that the thing had frozen (although it wasn't that cold). I got my can of WD40 and gave it a quick spray, and the key another twist. Still no joy. Hmm. So I got a cup of warm water from the kitchen and poured it all over. Twist again, but no movement. After fiddling around with it for a while it finally turned. Excellent. So I pull my bike around the front, locked and kitted up and went to start my bike again. Same problem. Some jiggling later, it turns. I needed some petrol so did that, then had the same problem getting the key turned. On arrival in London, I had another fiddle with the key trying to figure out what the problem is. It seems that I can't turn it when using my right hand, but it turns fine, every time, with my left hand. Now that is just goddamn freaky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home