Monday, August 06, 2007

Pointless conversations

I was in the battle cruiser on Saturday as usual, and got chatting to one of the locals about television programs. We spoke at length about Deadwood, Lost, Rome, Carnivale and Oz.

Things were going swimmingly, then I said 'Do you like Extras?' 'Oh yeah,' he replied 'that's one of my favourites.'

The following is a transcript of your conversation:

SkyBlueSnowy: 'I watched the one with Les Dennis in the week. How Gervais gets these stars to do what they do is incredible'
Local: 'Oh, I haven't seen that one'
SBS: 'Les Dennis, the guy from Family Fortunes? He does a panto in the episode, and is made to look a right depressed case'
L: 'No, not seen that one'
SBS: 'The Kate Winslet one was good as well. Seen that?'
L: 'Kate Winslet, the one that was in Titanic?'
SBS: 'Yes'
L: 'No'
SBS: 'Ah. How about the Ben Stiller one?'
L: 'Hmm, don't think I saw that either'
SBS: 'You must have seen the Ross Kemp and Vinnie Jones one? That was funny'
L: 'Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels?'
SBS: 'No, Extras, with Ross Kemp and Vinnie Jones'
L: 'No, I saw Lock Stock... though'

It dawned on me that he probably never saw the first series, and only the second. So I tried again:

SBS: 'The one with Daniel Radcliffe was funny'
L: 'Who?'
SBS: 'Harry Potter'
L: No, didn't see that one'
SBS: 'How about the one with David Bowie, when he sings that 'Chubby little loser, blows his stupid brains out' song in the bar?'
L: 'Nope'

I gave up. It reminded me of

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home