Friday, August 04, 2006

Quiz night, the result

Well we didn't win. Didn't come close actually. I was pretty useless, and, although outnumbered 4-1 insisted that the maximum score you could get in bowling was 330. I would have put my mortgage on it. Everyone else said 300 but I made them put 330. Of course the maximum score in bowling is 300. I am a gibbon. I don't feel too bad because I was outvoted by 4-1 again that Stella Artois is a French beer, when I know damn well it's from Belgium. But they stood their ground on that one.

There was a lot of angst again last night, people just don't know how to enjoy themselves and I find everyone so competitive. Two members of my team were getting very annoying, shouting and arguing. Little children, play nicely.

Worst still, the company didn't put on any free food, goddamn cheapskates. I don't think I will go next year, I can't handle the pressure and humiliation!

No doubt today there will be a lot of email banter going on. I am generally an agreeable chap, a graceful loser and (more importantly I think) a graceful winner. Unfortunately this is viewed as a weakness by a lot of people and I tend to get the brunt of the piss takes. I might change tact today and get all agressive and sulky, that'll learn 'em!

1 Comments:

At 6:03 pm, Blogger burbaget said...

You should randomly scream out loud, flip your desk over foam at the mouth then feign a heart attack

 

Post a Comment

<< Home