Friday, July 21, 2006

Butterfly effect

Well, not really, but I am beginning to suspect that sometimes if I think of something, it will happen. I remember years ago I was talking about footballer's haircuts and I mentioned Kevin Keegan. I got onto talking about KK and the fact that it was years since I heard of him. I swear that the following day there was a news story about him (he got beaten up whilst sleeping in his car or something). Then a little while after that, he became manager of Newcastle. Sorry you got beaten up Kev, but it was because of me talking about you that you got the NUFC job.

Anyway, I joined this DVD online rental thing a little while ago. I was searching for some stuff and had exhausted my list of things-I-would-really-like-to-see-now, and started compiling a list of things-I've-seen-before-but-would-love-to-see-again. I thought of a TV series I saw years ago, starring that guy frm My Family. A bit of googling later, discovered that he is of course Robert Lindsay. A bit more clicking and the series in question was called GBH. I tried to find it on the DVD club site, but they didn't have it. I looked everywhere but it hadn't been released on DVD and is no longer available on video. Bugger. Lo and behold, about 2 days later, I was scanning the channels and what should pop up on the listings? You got it. I did a search yesterday on the new releases section of the DVD club and as if by magic, there it was. It's bloody freaky, I hadn't thought of that series for at least 10 years and then a few days later it's back in my life.

I think I am some sort of link to the subconcious world. Now think hard about winning the lottery...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home