Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Happy anniversary

Sorry to all Spurs fans out there, but today is the 20th anniversary of Coventry winning the FA Cup, 3-2 against the mighty Spurs. This week, Keith Houchen's goal (Coventry's second) was voted the best ever cup final goal. Of course it was, but I would say that. View all the goals from the cup run here.

It's the FA Cup final between Chelsea and Man Ure on Saturday. I can't say that I am overly bothered by it; it's a case of who I hate more (MU get the nod I think). However, I haven't missed watching the Cup final live since I first saw one back in 1977 when Man United beat Liverpool 2-1 (Lou Macari got the winner). That is, until this Saturday. It was announced by the boss last night that I am taking my son and heir swimming at 2 o'clock on Saturday. She has some really important things to do, like sleep or drink coffee or whatever new mum's do. Anyway, she thought 'it would be nice' if I took him. He can't even crawl yet and she expects him to swim? And leaving me in charge of a 5 month old, in water, probably with a hangover is not the most sensible thing. Oh well, I'll just have to Sky+ it and pretend it's live. Ho hum

1 Comments:

At 5:09 pm, Blogger sean said...

it was boring anyway. absolutely turgid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home