Monday, April 30, 2007

Metal of the hefty kind

There's absolutely no decent new music about at the moment. Fact. As a consequence, I've been going through my collection at work and giving everything a listen. So much of the stuff I have copied over, I've never listened to again, so I thought this would be an ideal opportunity to do so. I've managed to trim down my collection somewhat (why did I ever download 8 Primus albums I wonder?) and discovered some hidden gems in there as well. I've been doing this for about 3 or 4 months now, and have finally hit the 'V' folder. 'V' houses about 40 Various Artists albums I've got. Some good, some not so, some should be a crime to own.

Today I listened to 'The Best Heavy Metal Album Ever'. I feel violated. What a waste of two hours of my life that was (and considering what a lazy SOB I am, that's up against some pretty wasteful hours I've experienced in the past). I've never been a heavy metal fan and on this evidence, I can see why. It's all wailing voices, inappropriate guitar solos and lyrics that generally include some sort of animal (cats, pigs, snakes, hounds etc) and the word 'rock' a lot. There were some outstanding moments;
- Black Sabbath - Paranoid,
- Motorhead - Ace Of Spades,
- Motorhead and Girlschool - Please Don't Touch,
but apart from that I have spent the morning listening to the likes of Aerosmith, Megadeth, Wolfsbane, Michael Schencker Group, UFO, Queensryche, Niceklback (heavy metal??), Sammy Hagar and Van Halen.

I have decided that Heavy Metal has even less value to humanity than day time TV and ginger beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home