Friday, October 13, 2006

Holy water

I was having a few beers in my usual haunt last weekend and ended up having a chat with the local vicar. He's a good lad, probably my age, big football fan (West Brom - he has a shirt with '9 Rev' on the back). He grabbed my attention by singing 'You're shit and you know you are' and pointing at me. We both share a passion for useless footbal teams you see. I noticed he had a love bite on his neck, which brought some unwelcome imagery to mind. But then he isn't Catholic so I assume it wasn't from a choirboy. Anyway, we finished our drinks and I offered to buy him another. (I was thinking being generous might buy me some favour with the big guy in the sky). He declined politely and told me the last time he drank with me he dropped the communion cup in mass the following morning as his hands were shaking so much. I'm unsure whether this is a compliment or if I am going to get struck by lightning.

1 Comments:

At 5:54 pm, Blogger burbaget said...

That is awesome!

Just shows you are a good guy to drink with. And you are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home