Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Mobile

I've only gone and bought another bike. I've also ditched the gay helmet and now have a manly red and white one. The flipside is the missus won't let me ride without wearing a flourescent yellow construction worker style bib. I look like a pimple.

Anyway, after 2 weeks of faffing about riding 3 miles to Farnborough and getting the train, I decided that I would bike it all the way into London again. The first trip was yesterday. I only had two near misses, so things have started out well. However, as I was making my final descent in Londres Central, a taxi did a u-turn in the road and collected a scooter rider who was riding alongside me. The poor fella didn't have anywhere to go and smacked straight into the side of the taxi. I must be getting serene in my old age because I dumped my bike in the bus lane and ran over to help the lad. He seemed ok (although his scooter was a mess). I even gave him my card and said to give me a call if the insurance needs a witness statement. Two months ago I would have probably laughed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home