Monday, August 20, 2007

Blister/golf update

I am very happy to announce that your humble scribe and his estranged blister have now parted company, with the relationship ending amicably. The blister has agreed that Snowy can keep the golf clubs as part of the severance agreement.

I went out to the driving range at sparrow's fart yesterday a.m. to hit a some balls. I thought I would start with a few short irons to get myself in the mood, so whipped out my trusty 8 iron. I tapped the ball off the tee onto the Astroturf, addressed the ball, did the bendy knee bit and started my swing. About 1/2 second later as the backswing turned into a swing, a pain shot through my right knee and ankle. A brief moment later as the swing turned into a shot, a pain shot through my right hand and wrist. A short time later, as the shot turned into the follow through, a pain shot through my back and left ring finger. There were 55 balls in the bucket, and I can confirm that the same thing happened for each an every one of them. I have reached a number of conclusions:
- I am grossly unfit,
- if I want to turn up to my 40th birthday without the aid of a walking stick/wheelchair, my swing needs urgent attention,
- I am crap at golf,
- golf is painful,
- I hate golf.

At least I didn't get another blister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home