Tuesday, February 20, 2007

As if things couldn't get better

Brilliant news that The Police have reformed and are going on tour. I've been a fan since they started and can't believe I have a chance of seeing them after all these years. Like that's going to happen though! My top 4 bands of all time, in no particular order are: The Clash, The Jam, The Police and Dead Kennedys.
So you can imagine my joy at the following news story. The joy was short lived however, when I read the 'without Paul Weller' bit. That's like The Clash without Jones/Strummer (RIP), The Police without Sting, Dead Kennedys without Jello B. It just doesn't work does it? I suspect a bit of opportunism from Messrs Buckler and Foxton.

1 Comments:

At 2:42 am, Blogger sean said...

DK are indeed still going without the boy Jello. The lead singer is called Jeff Penalty. According to wikipedia, "Jeff is also lead singer for a Black Flag cover band called Black Fag, adding a joking homosexual angle to the songs".
You couldn't make it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home