Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Ashes, Camberley stylee

Rummaging through the bargain bin at Game during my Xmas shopping spree, I came across 'Brian Lara Cricket 2005' for PS2. Excellent stuff! A bit of practising in the nets, and a one day game against Bangladesh (easy, easy...) I had a brainwave; Freddie and the lambs are struggling a bit in Australia. I'll do England proud and have my own Ashes series. The mother-in-law has gone back to the hole where she came from, so I have the comfort of my lounge again, a few cans and knock the socks off those Aussie bastards. Hmm... I see a strange parallel happening here. They just wouldn't declare!

3 Comments:

At 11:22 pm, Blogger sean said...

I love the only-just-made-up names on that scoreboard. I'm guessing they couldn't afford the ECB's outrageous licensing demands.

 
At 11:42 pm, Blogger sean said...

Hang on a minute - how come they have Punter's name right but no-one else?!

Actually, it's just occurred to me that they probably also got Brian Lara's name right.

How many names are right, Snowy? And what's the connection between them? Can you tell me?

 
At 3:27 pm, Blogger SkyBlueSnowy said...

I haven't managed to bowl the Aussies out in the first innings of the second test yet so can't do a quick tally of the names!

You are right, cheap and nasty game. I won't be playing this again (for obvious reasons). Bring on Freddie Flantiff's version.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home