Friday, December 22, 2006

The death of The Ashes, the birth of something else

Monday 18th of December, 2006, 04:49. Precisely the time I became a father for the first time. 15 minutes later Warne bowled Panesar to win the Ashes. I think the pain of watching my wife in labour for 6 hours was preferable to watching the cricket. In stark contrast to an amazing performance from my wife, the cricket was, again, another inept display. I just hope that we manage to do something a bit special in the last two test matches, and wouldn't it be brilliant if we could stop Warne getting his 700th test wicket. Of course this will not happen. Roll on The Ashes 2008 without Warne and McGrath I say!

2 days before all this, Coventry got beaten 5-0 by West Brom. Thank God for the arrival of my youngster, or else this really would have tipped me over the edge. And you won't like me when I'm slightly miffed.

1 Comments:

At 7:23 pm, Blogger sean said...

Well done snowy! And mrs snowy me course. And happy xmas too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home