Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sleepus interuptus

I've been sleeping in the spare room for the last month because I can't handle all the screaming and crying, and the baby isn't exactly quiet either. Anyway, I've got quite used to it and have been getting a decent night's sleep for the most. My sister-in-law arrived for two weeks yesterday and has now taken over the room, meaning I have to go back to bedroom #1. I suggested that me and the s-i-l share the spare room, but you can imagine the response. Anyway, last night was my first night back in my room. I think I have sired a chicken, the little bugger just doesn't shut up, not for a minute. There's scratching, cooing, moaning, crying, yelling, snoring, sneezing, grunting and lots of other noises that they haven't named yet. At about 1am this morning, having had about 31 minutes sleep, I gave up and went to sleep on the couch. At about 1:10am there were three cats purring and meowing around me to be fed. Next I had 3 well fed cats slamming through the cat flap at 30 second intervals for the rest of the night. Today I feel like an extra in a George A Romero film. This weekend I am going to decorate the baby's room as I've been promising for the last 6 months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home