Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Travel horrors

I had great fun yesterday. On the way in there were queues from Twickenham all the way to Richmond. I managed to do some death defying manoeuvres to get to the front only to find that the A316 had been closed off by the police. I've never been any other route before so had an interesting half hour trying to find another way into London, but ended up back on the road that the police had blocked. There had been an accident between a car and a motorbike and I would be surprised if anyone survived the smash, there were vehicle bits everywhere. I managed to find another way and ended up getting to the office an hour later than normal. Couldn't stop thinking of the accident all day though, makes you wonder if motorcycling in is actually worth it.

On my way home the traffic was backed up all the way to the Chiswick Bridge. I struggled through to Twickenham, making friends with a few wing mirrors along the way. Reason for the hold up was an 'event' at Twickenham, and the road warning signs helpfully advised us that 'Queues are possible'. The event was 4 geriatrics that should have given up years ago, mincing about on a stage making noise (ie, the Rolling Stones). No wonder there were delays, and thanks for the concert organisers for doing it at peak hour on a weekday, great planning that. Bugger the poor sods that have had a hard day at work and want to get home to their wife and kids. (Still, at least it wasn't another accident). Maybe I am just bitter because I really don't like the Stones, I think they should call it a day. I saw them live in South Africa once. Flew from Durban to Joburg for the concert and it really was shite. Worsened because there was a fella behind me Woo wooing a lot, and they let Keith Richards sing 3 songs. I just wanted to slap Jagger, not sure why people think his strutting peacock act is 'sexy', he looked more like a drunk uncle at a wedding.

I'm happy to report that there were no delays this morning (other than getting out of bed) and there are no events at Twickenham tonight. Grump over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home