Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Lost, HBO and all things serial

I've developed a slightly unhealthy obsession with Lost. I had avoided these types of programs for so long but now I'm hooked. It all started with seeing a poster for 'Carnivale' on the underground one night. It looked weird enough to be interesting so I rented the first series and the seed was sown. I got right into it and was watching 3-4 episodes every night and got the second series straight away. The ending was a tad dissapointing (as was the fact that the lizard faced man on the poster was just an extra) but the 24 episode journey was pretty special. Next up was Deadwood. I can't praise this show enough and watched series 1 and 2 in about 4 days. I never thought swearing could be so cool. Cocksucker.

I had heard about Lost but never seen it. It was one of those shows that everyone in the office was talking about and one that, to be honest, sounded shit. But by God how wrong was I? Ok, so it is a bit shit and a glorified soap opera and too many questions and not enough answers, but I can't get enough. Now I am one of those bores in the office that keeps going on about it. I like the way that nothing is taken for granted; killing off main characters is especially refreshing (although I was pissed off they ditched Michelle Rodriguez as she was looking surprisingly good. Just leave Evageline alone or else there will be fire and brimstone.) What next? As of now I have 4 episodes of series 2 to watch, I'm not expecting any closure as I heard series 3 is being filmed, but no matter. This one can run and run I reckon.

Seems HBO and that type of production house have got it right with these big budget TV series. I guess I'm going to have to watch stuff like Six Feet Under, The Sopranos, 24 and Nip/Tuck now as I assume they will all be as captivating. I can honestly say I have never seen one episode of any of the above. Time for a change I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home