Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Money bloody Supermarket

I got my new car insurance quote from my existing broker t'other day, and as with the last 4 years, it had gone up again even though I have 5 years no claims bonus. I decided (3 years too late) to try and find a cheaper alternative so visited moneysupermarket.com. I typed in all the relevant info and was presented with a list of quotes that made me smile, I was quoted happy. I read the top two or three and opted for a quote that suited my needs, and halved my present insurer's quote. A few more keystrokes, a quick check of the security code and expiry date on my card, and I was all insured up. Now that was painless.

Then the pain started. Since clicking 'enter', I have been inundated with phone calls from all manner of companies trying to sell their wares to me. I even got a call from the company I chose to insure with. It's been less than a week since I logged my details, and now I have 7 seperate 'cold call' numbers stored in my phone. Whenever I receive a call from any of them I either shout 'Hello' a lot and pretend I can't hear them, or make weird animal noises until they hang up. And they still call back.

I only went to moneysupermarket because I hate talking to call centres in Bangalore. Let this be a warning to you good people, this crowd pass your personal details onto pretty much everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home